Click to enlarge the map.
We will be serving in the southern part of Ecuador. The map above will help you see where that is.
Here are some quick facts:
- In this area it's estimated that only 1% of the population is Christian.
- The church in this area is young and they don't have the centuries of protestant history like many of us enjoy in other parts of the world.
- The vast majority of Christians are in Loja city. There are very few in rural areas.
So, what does that mean? Well, that there are very few Christians in the area and even fewer mature believers who can disciple others. We serve alongside of the few Christians that are there to help disciple and reach out to the areas outside of Loja city. We do this by serving in a few different areas with the desire to see them take our place.
- Lead an ESI group. ESI is a training process to help leaders and pastors grow in their knowledge of God’s word and a closer walk with Him. We cover both theology and practice. We’re also working to expand this throughout the country.
- We help provide workshops and conferences throughout the year for the church in both Loja and rural areas outside of the city.
- Josh provides technical assistance and consulting for the only Christian radio station in the area.
- We work alongside of our church in Loja in their efforts to plant another church.
If you’d like to know more specifics, don’t hesitate to contact us.
Here is a video that we did to update about our ministry.