1. Who is SIM?
SIM has been launching Christian workers into Ministry around the world since 1893. From church planting to medicine, and education to sports ministry, SIM desires to see the body of Christ in all places, among all peoples, to the glory of God. To this end, SIM is committed to cultivating multicultural mission movements that respond to need, proclaim the gospel, and equip the church. For more information click here for their website: http://simusa.org/
2. What is your relationship with SIM?
We are missionaries with SIM. SIM is the organization that helps facilitate the sending of missionaries. There are lots of things we wouldn’t have/couldn’t easily do without them.
They help us with many practical things such as:
- creating accountability and support while on the field
- giving us a worldwide network of people, resources, and experience to draw off of
- help us get settled into Ecuador (find a house, purchase needed things, insurance, travel details, ect)
- we are a part of a team in Ecuador and not there alone
- create a channel so that people can easily give to us
These few things just touch the surface of what SIM does for us. We are sent by our church and individuals like yourself and SIM helps facilitate everything in this process.
3. Are gifts to SIM or to you tax deductible?
Yes, if you give to us through SIM. SIM supplies receipts for donations or a year end statement if you set up giving through automatic deduction form your account.
4. Is SIM held financially accountable to anyone?
Yes. There are two organizations that SIM is proudly a part of. They keep SIM financially accountable.
ECFA- Evangelical Council of Financial Accountability. http://www.ecfa.org/
5. I would like to partner with you in ministry through financial support. What are my options for sending financial support?
First, thank you so much for your desire to support us financially. The scripture asks, “how can they preach unless they are sent?” You will be playing a part in that sending process.
There are two ways:
1) The easiest way is to give through the SIM website. Just click this link: https://www.simusa.org/get-involved/give/?FundID=040238-001&LNme=Parsley&Dsg=Support and input the amount you desire to give, click add, continue to checkout, and fill out the requested information.
2) If you prefer to do it by mail, you can send your check to SIM USA P.O. Box 7900 Charlotte, NC 28241. Make the check payable to SIM-USA and include “for Parsleys #040238” in the memo line.
If you have absolutely any questions or doubts, please contact us.
6. Could you give a description of monthly and one-time expenses?
Yes. We want to be completely transparent about everything. Click here to see a breakdown.